TRAINING & PLACEMENT CELL
The placement track record of our college is exceptionally good. A large number of pharmaceutical companies regularly visit our campus to recruit the students as their employees. Renowned and prestigious companies such as Cipla, Lupin, Macleods Pharmaceuticals Ltd etc. have visited our college for recruitment of our students.
The major activity of this cell is to guide and help students for placement and training during the vacations. In addition to this, cell carries out the following activities:
- To train the students for the interviews and presentations.
- To promote interaction between the academics and industry.
- To work as an agency mediating between the students and industries.
- To monitor the progress of students working with industries.
- To identify the job vacancies in various industries for placement and to provide information about them to the students.
- To arrange seminars and group discussions for the benefit of students. They are given training for preparing their curricular vitae, for giving interviews, group discussions and presentation on their project works.
- To arrange practical training for all the students for a period of 500 hrs. in a pharmacy (medical shop) approved by State Pharmacy Council of Maharashtra.
The aim of Training & Placement Cell is to provide employment opportunities and industrial training to our Students.
The Cell is well equipped with ample infrastructure in terms of auditorium for Pre Placement Talk, group discussion and interview rooms, Wi-fi campus for online exams etc.
The cell strongly believes in placement as a continuous process and not an event and a well-structured training on soft skills and aptitude skills is a regular feature for quality placement.
To achieve better placement, the T& P Cell works towards recognizing the core competencies of students. It works through an organized process and has a structure which conveys information to the students. The Training & Placement Cell firmly believes in ‘Industry-Institute Interaction’.
In order to accomplish ‘Industry-Institute Interaction’ it organizes technical talks and seminars to provide a platform for the budding Pharmacist to interact with professionals from various industries.
It encourages visits to the industries and hospitals by the college students. It arranges for industrial problems to be worked on by students as part of their projects.
It arranges training for students in industries and hospitals for a minimum of 500 hrs. The students of the college undergo their training at various Pharmaceutical organizations like Cipla, Macleiods, Glenmark, Kaytross ACG life sciences, Adora Pharmaceuticals Ltd. etc. and hospitals like Pravara Medical Trust Hospital, Atma Malik Hospital, Shri Sainath Hospital, Dr. Vikhe Patil Memorial Hospital etc. The students act as a channel of communication with industries and hospitals.